In the U.S., this device has not been authorized as required by the Rules of the FCC. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.406 MHz Satellite 3 406 EPIRB
The SATELLITE3 406 EPIRB has quietly built a reputation in the commercial fishing industry. This workhorse utilizes a proprietary electronics package for faster, more stable 406 MHz transmissions to low-earth orbiting LEOSAR satellites. In an emergency, your registered, digitally-coded distress message is broadcast via a powerful 6-watt, 406 MHz signal (typically within 1 hour). An integrated 121.5 MHz homing signal then guides local Search and Rescue (SAR) efforts.
Upgrade to GPS positioning with the optional GPS interface cable (sold separately). This connects the SATELLITE3 to your vessel's GPS receiver to continuously update and store precise position data. GPS positioning narrows the search radius from 2.3 nm down to .05 nm (110 yds) and provides SAR notification typically in 2-15 minutes.
- Manual Category II bracket has a low profile and is easy to rail mount or secure on deck
- Automatic Category I Sea Shelter3 bracket is fully enclosed and is made of high density, UV-stabilized polyethylene for years of extreme abuse; the patented rod system releases the beacon when submerged in water between 4.9 and 13.1 ft (1.5 - 4 m)
Entry Level, but Feature-Packed
- Full functional self-test including battery voltage and internal circuitry
- Bright LED strobe conserves battery power without sacrificing intensity
- Single, three-position switch for easy test and operation
- Lanyard coiled on recessed spool for non-tangling deployment
- Exclusive, polycarbonate blend construction for maximum UV and chemical resistance
- Up to 72 hours continuous operation at -4 degrees F
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.