Abu Garcia Revo MGX Low Profile Baitcast Reel
THE NEXT GENERATION OF EXTREME LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN
The next generation of the REVOlution continues with the Revo MGX. The combination of an enhanced compact design with our ground-breaking X-Mag™ alloy frame and C6 carbon sideplates produce the evolution of ultra-lightweight low profile reel technology.
More than mere lightweight design, the Revo MGX features a unique Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Brake (IVCB-IV) that sets the standard for cast control in all other reels.
- 9 stainless steel HPCR bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- One piece X-Mag™ alloy frame provides a super light yet extremely strong frame
- Infini II spool design for extended castability and extreme loads
- C6 carbon sideplates provide significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength and durability
- Carbon Matrix drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- Aircraft grade aluminum main gear provides weight reduction without sacrificing durability
- IVCB-IV Infinitely variable centrifugal brake gives very precise brake adjustments allowing anglers to easily cast a wide variety of baits
- Compact bent carbon handle provides a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight
- Flat EVA knobs provide greater comfort and durability
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
- Recessed reel foot allows for a more ergonomic reel design
IVCB-IV BRAKE SYSTEM: The IVCB-IV is externally adjustable so you can quickly fine tune on the water.
CARBON FIBER HANDLE: Compact bent carbon handle provides a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight.
EVA KNOBS: Flat EVA knobs provide greater comfort and durability.
X-MAG™ FRAME: The lightweight material provides exceptional corrosion resistance and rigidity for excellent gear alignment.
C6 SIDEPLATES: C6 carbon sideplates provide 54% in weight reduction over aluminum without sacrificing strength and durability.
|Model||Gear Ratio||Inches/Turn||Retrieve Speed||Spool Capacity (Mono)||Spool Capacity (Braid||Weight (Oz)||Hand Retrieve||Max Drag (Lbs)|
|REVO MGX||7.1:1||28||Std||12 lbs. / 115 yds.||30 lbs. / 110 yds.||5.4||Right||12|
|REVO MGX-SHS||7.9:1||31||High||12 lbs. / 115 yds.||30 lbs. / 110 yds.||5.4||Right||12|
Video TranscriptionHi, my name is Andrew Wheeler. I’m the product Manager for Abu Garcia. I’d like to speak to you today about the Revo MGX series of reels. These reels are super lightweight. It’s our lightest Revo ever at 5.4 ounces. The reason we get to such a lightweight reel is some really cool technology that went into this reel. The Frame is made of X-mag alloy – this is a magnesium alloy that we use that has been specially treated so that it is very stable and corrosion resistant.
The side plates are made of a C6 carbon – this is a carbon infused material that is very rigid and durable but it’s about half the weight of aluminum.
Also, in this reel is our new braking system. It’s our IVCB4 braking system. What that means is that it’s completely externally adjustable so no need to take the side plate off to adjust the brake blocks. And it’s also extremely adjustable so it’s got 28 positions of adjustment so you can cast anything from an 8th of an ounce all the way up to a really heavy pitching jig.
The reason it is so adjustable is that this braking system actually works in a vertical fashion so the brake locks actually move in a vertical way whereas most brake systems work in a horizontal fashion. This vertical fashion allows for that high level of adjustability. So make sure you check out the Revo MGX.