Boat Trailer Hardware
The iBoats Hippo:
A dominating presence on both land and sea
Your Trusted Source on the water
The iBoats Experience
Boats for SaleBrowse thousands of constantly-updated listings and search by location, brand, and boat type See more...
AdviceConnect with our expansive community and tap into the knowledge base of the most dedicated boaters around. See more...
Shop ProductsBrowse and search for hundreds of thousands of boat parts, accessories, and supplies to suit your every need.
All boats, at some point, require transportation through the means of trailering. Trailering is inevitably a requirement for boat owners, whether they are ... read more transporting the boat or they are simply storing the boat in front of their garages. When in possession of a boat trailer, there are certain guidelines that you should follow to make sure your trailer is secure, which will help to make it last a long time.
- Make sure the trailer is straight.
- Check for rust on the seams.
- Make sure all latches and hinges are secure.
- hitched trailer must be level with the vehicle.
- Hook the safety chains.
- Use a blade to check the floor for rotting.
- Make sure tires are properly inflated to maximum pounds of pressure that is listed on the tire.
- Check brakes to ensure that they are working properly.
- Check all electrical systems, lighting, and wiring to ensure that everything is hooked up properly.
- Preparing to Drive with the Trailer
- Check again for any rust.
- Make sure the ball is tight.
- Check for cracks or any sign of wear/tear.
- Make sure hinges and all other components are secure.
- Items to Have While Traveling
- Insurance card.
- Vehicle and trailer registration paperwork.
- Items to Have for the Trailer
- Basic tool kit.
- Jack or portable hydraulic lift.
- Towing chain.
- Wheel chocks for the tires.