C and C Yachts C&C 115 - Racing Sailboat
New 2014 C and C Yachts - Racing Sailboat
2012 C and C Yachts C&C 115 DescriptionUncompromising performance and comfort
Using the latest technology in boatbuilding allows the designer latitude to deliver raceboat performance while maintaining cruising comfort. The new 115 is the latest embodiment of C&C's dedication to this seemingly contradictory ideal and to leading the industry in all facets of boatbuilding technology.
With her BPA epoxy resin infused, eglass, and synthetic core hull laminate, BPA epoxy resin infusion deck, and a carbon-fiber mast and rudder as standard equipment, the 115 maintains high octane performance ratios yet an interior that features two separate cabins, luxurious main cabin, sit-down nav station, large galley, and head with stall shower. Others try to match what we're doing at C&C Yachts, but without the advanced building technology we've designed and employ, they simply do not have the tools required.
The C&C 115's long waterline (33 feet) produces a very impressive 147 displacement/length ratio. Her BPA epoxy hull laminate consists of an all uni-directional e-glass structural laminate locally reinforced with uni-directional carbon fiber and sandwiched on sythetic foam coring. The laminate is carefully placed in the mold dry, and vacuum bagged and the resin is then infused into the matrix. Building the laminate this way produces the lightest, strongest, and stiffest structure possible and the weight saved can be used for interior appointments and additional ballast further enhancing the 115's performance and livability. The bulbed 4,200-lb lead keel has an extremely low center of gravity producing a high righting moment allowing a powerful sailplan resulting in a sail area/displacement ratio of 23.1.
- Length Over All: 37 Feet and 9 inches.
- Draft: 6 Feet and 8 inches.
- Beam: 11 Feet and 11 inches.
- Disaplacement: 11800
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 26
- Water Tank Capacity: 70
- Berths: 6
2012 C and C Yachts C&C 115 Standard Features
• Hull construction is a vacuum infused BPA epoxy, unidirectional “E” glass, and synthetic cored laminate locally reinforced with carbon fiber.
• Carbon fiber uni-directional reinforcements in way of keel, chain plates and centerline for high strength and rigidity
• The incredible adhesion properties of BPA epoxy allows the structural laminate to be comprised primarily of uni-directional fibers instead of chopped strand mat. Chopped strand mat is the cheapest, heaviest, and weakest component and dominates conventional polyester hull construction
• Pound-for-pound an infused BPA epoxy resin laminate is far stronger than any polyester resin laminate
• Hull cosmetics are also enhanced by the extremely low shrinkage of epoxy resin vs. polyester resin and the reduction in overall resin content thus eliminating or reducing post-cure hull distortions found in conventional polyester laminates
* The vacuum infusion process and strict resin control produces a hull laminate with 65% glass reinforcement content. The industry norm for polyester resin hull laminates is 25% glass content. Our laminating process produces a stronger yet lighter hull
* Synthetic foam coring is used for maximum impact resistance, stiffness, strength, and light weight. The cored hull also offers superior hull insulating properties, both thermal and acoustical
• The laminate is reinforced with multiple plies of high-tensile carbon-fiber unidirectional reinforcements in highly loaded areas of the hull
• Premium grade gelcoat provides superior gloss, fade resistance, and resistance to surface crazing
• Interior is completely painted out for enhanced cosmetics and to seal interior laminate surfaces
• Hull is backed by a transferable 15-year no blister, hull structure warranty
• Deck is a balanced composite laminate utilizing Phenol B epoxy resin, unidirectional “E”-glass reinforcement, and high strength/stiffness Baltek premium sealed balsa coring
• Our custom resin infusion process creates the best resin to glass reinforcement ratio possible resulting in the stiffest, lightest, strongest deck in production boatbuilding
Be the first to write a review for this boat!