The AIS Engine is supplied with a free copy of ?SeaClear? and a trial version of Software on Board. A data cable to connect to the 9 pin serial port of a PC and a 12 volt power cable The AIS Engine and a conventional marine antenna are all you need to start plotting vessels on your PC. The software runs in windows 95, 98, ME, Xp, 2000 and NT, it includes a world map on which vessels are plotted. Any vessel on the screen can be selected and its AIS data displayed. This includes the vessels name, MMSI number, position, call sign and destination etc. Also included on the AIS Engine is an optional input for a GPS (RMC sentence). With this connected the users own vessel is shown on the chart with its latitude and longitude displayed in a window.
The unit can receive ships on either the A or B AIS channels. In default setting it alternates between the two channels.
The AIS engine can also be used with plotters or other PC software that have an AIS input facility. Check compatibility with your software supplier. An NMEA 0183HS input at 38,400 baud is required to accept the VDM AIS strings corresponding to ITU-1371.
If your PC does not have a spare 9 pin serial port a low cost serial to USB converter is available as an optional extra.
- Operating frequencies - 162.025 and 161.975 mHz
- Supply voltage - 10 to 16 volts DC
- Supply current - 43mA
- Messages relayed - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 18, 21 and 24
- Antenna input - 50 ohm BNC
- Data connector - 9 pin 'D' type
- Mounting - via two moulded flanges
- Dimensions - 115 x 100 x 30mm
- Output format - NMEA 0183 (38400 Baud)
- VDM encapsulation string conforming to ITU-1371
- NMEA RMC from GPS
(Various receiver parameters are factory preset but can be altered from the PC if software is available.)
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.