Clipper AIS Engine 2
The unit can receive ships on either the A or B AIS channels. In default setting it alternates between the two channels.
The AIS engine can also be used with plotters or other PC software that have an AIS input facility. Check compatibility with your software supplier. An NMEA 0183HS input at 38,400 baud is required to accept the VDM AIS strings corresponding to ITU-1371.
If your PC does not have a spare 9 pin serial port a low cost serial to USB converter is available as an optional extra.
- Operating frequencies - 162.025 and 161.975 mHz
- Supply voltage - 10 to 16 volts DC
- Supply current - 43mA
- Messages relayed - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 18, 21 and 24
- Antenna input - 50 ohm BNC
- Data connector - 9 pin 'D' type
- Mounting - via two moulded flanges
- Dimensions - 115 x 100 x 30mm
- Output format - NMEA 0183 (38400 Baud)
- VDM encapsulation string conforming to ITU-1371
- NMEA RMC from GPS
(Various receiver parameters are factory preset but can be altered from the PC if software is available.)
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.