The Clipper Compass is a fully electronic compass with remote fluxgate sensor. The large clear display has 7 levels of illumination and gives True or magnetic heading. The sensor which is gimballed for plus/minus 45 degrees of pitch and roll, is mounted in a position where stray magnetic fields are at a minimum. An electronic auto calibration then cancels out small errors.
Steer to Course Function - When the steering function is selected a series of chevrons accumulate showing the magnitude and direction of the steering error. To stay on course simply turn the wheel in the direction of the chevrons until they are extinguished. The steering sensitivity can be preset by the user. An off course alarm provides a safety feature when not at the helm. If the heading deviates by more than a preset amount then the alarm will sound.
- Supply voltage nominal 12v DC
- Consumption, 120mA+ (25mA for display illumination max)
- Fluxgate accuracy +/- 1 degree
- Adjustable Damping
- 1 Degree display resolution
- Display case size 110 x 110 m
- Depth behind panel 30mm
- Fluxgate 175mm diameter x 95mm
- Sensor supplied with 5 meters of cable
- Extension cables available
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.