Copper Shield Scx™ Boosted Ablative, Marine Black, Quart - Blue Water Marine Paint
Powerboat Reports Winner
- Blue Water anitfoulants dominated in 6 month paint tests conducted independently by Powerboat Reports in March, 2009.
- Blue Water bottom paints took the top spots for 6 month results make them the best value and highest rated antifouling paints.
- Copper Shield Boosted Ablative was the ONLY product rated 'EXCELLENT.'
- Self Polishing Boosted Ablative added SCX™ - SLIME CONTROL XTRA
- Multi Season
- Relaunch Without Painting
- Eliminates Heavy Sanding
- Tremendous Protection for Moderate Fouling Conditions
Copper Shield SCX 45 provides extended antifouling protection against barnacles, algae and hydroids in salt and fresh water on boat bottoms only. SCX - SLIME CONTROL XTRA - acts like a sunscreen to prevent slime and algae. Its ablative copolymer base renders a smooth finish with durability and abrasion resistance. Copper Shield SCX 45 releases biocide by the constant exposure of new paint film to the water. Copper Shield SCX 45 has universal application over all types of properly prepared bottom paints (except aluminum). For use on fast fiberglass boats, as well as wood and steel hulls, extended protection is possible, since performance is directly proportional to the amount of paint applied.
Given the HIGHEST RATING by Powerboat Reports in CT testing (March, 2005)loaded with 45% copper, this multi-season ablative with booster SCX gives tremendous protection against barnacles, slime, grass & algae. Compares to Micron Extra.
Covers 300 - 400 square feet / gallon; 2 coats needed for proper application - 3rd coat recommended on the waterline
To figure out the amount of paint required: Length x Beam x .85 x 2 (2 coats)= Total / 300 feet = Gallonage Required
MULTI-SEASON PROTECTION - average boater (50 - 100 hours) will get anti-fouling protection of 2-3 years