Coast Guard boating safety regulations insist that all boats should have at least one B-I or B-II marine fire extinguisher on board. They also recommend that the extinguisher should come with a mounting bracket and should be set up at an easy-to-access place, especially near engine or other areas that are prone to fire accidents. The Fireboy Portable Fire Extinguisher contains super pressurized argon gas, and can be used to put off diesel and gasoline fuels. Plus, it is completely effective on galley fires. As the extinguisher gas is super pressurized, you can stand at a safe distance of about 10 feet or more and direct the nozzle at the source of the fire. Unlike carbon dioxide fire extinguishers, it does not damage engine or related components on direct application. It also leaves no residues like dry chemicals.
- Super pressurized gas – allows effective fire extinguishing from about ten feet away For use on flammable liquid fires
- U.S. Coast Guard approved
- Does not damage engine or related components
This fire-suppressant agent used in this extinguisher is a non-conductor of electrical current, which allows safe use on electrical fires. It is approved by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Features of Fireboy Portable Fire Extinguisher
- Portable fire extinguisher
- Fire-suppressant agent is argon gas, a non-conductor of electricity
- Suitable for use on flammable liquid fires, including diesel and gasoline
- Fully effective on galley fires
- Super pressurized gas – allows effective fire extinguishing from about ten feet away Doesn’t damage engine and related components on direct application
- Leaves no residue
- Approved by U.S. Coast Guard
- Manf. Part # 70551
- Capacity: 5 lbs