GME AccuSat 406 CAT 1 EPIRB Non-Hazmat w/Bracket
Designed to meet the most demanding regulatory approvals the GME MT403FF is a Class 2, Category 1 EPIRB in a fully enclosed float free housing with a Hammar HRU that will release the beacon at a certain depth, the beacon will then automatically activate.
Using the same innovative technology that produced the MT400 and revolutionised the EPIRB world, the MT403FF now offers commercial vessel operators the same GME performance and value enjoyed by recreational boaters. A key feature of the MT403 series is the use of non-hazardous battery packs that are IATA compliant and allow for restriction free transportation.
The cost of 406 MHz beacon ownership has been dramatically lowered by the introduction of the MT403FF. GME's unique energy conserving microprocessor technology enables the battery replacement period to be extended to 6 years. This technology has significantly reduced both the size and accordingly the replacement price. The MT403FF is factory programmed with a unique serial number which should be registered with the appropriate national Search and Rescue Authority. In many countries, authorities permit the EPIRB to be coded with the vessel's Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number or Radio Call Sign. This reprogramming is undertaken by a GME authorised Dealer.
Advantages of a 406 MHz EPIRB over the older analogue EPIRBs include world wide coverage, position location accuracy to within 5 kms, and a more stable transmitted signal resulting in faster response time. Most importantly, the addition of a unique digitally coded message provides Search and Rescue authorities with vital information including the country of beacon registration and identification of the vessel in distress, thus greatly reducing the incidence of false alerts and unneccesary deployment of valuable rescue resources.
An auxiliary homing transmitter is included in the MT403FF to enable suitably equipped Search and Rescue vessels to home in on the distress beacon.
GME has been designing and manufacturing EPIRB's for over 30 years, in that time literally hundreds of lives have been saved in Australia and around the world.
- Unrivaled in technology, performance and price
- COSPAS-SARSAT worldwide operation
- Ground breaking microprocessor based design, delivers unparalleled performance and value
- Meets AS/NZ 4280.1:2003 standards. C/S T.001/007. IMO A810 (19)
- Zero warm-up digital technology
- Non-hazardous IATA compliant battery pack for restriction free transportation
- High intensity solid state strobe
- Enclosed in a UV resistant float free housing that automatically deploys and activates the EPIRB when submersed to a depth of 2-4 meters
- Rugged easy-to-mount design
- 6 year battery life
- Easy, in-built self-test with audio/visual alert
- 6 year GME warranty
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.