When you are behind the helm and preparing for some high-energy feats on water, the Garelick 401 Classic Helmsman Seat will be right there to keep you comfortable when you need it the most. This seat is apt for express cruisers or on fly bridges. Its cushions are sewn in a contemporary and attractive manner.
This Garelick 401 Classic Helmsman Seat can be easily folded up to allow access to items located below the deck. It is also compatible with a yatch cruiser and gives you enhanced comfort.
- Can be mounted on box or side coaming
- Sewn cushions for attractive styling
- Foldable seat
Features of Garelick 401 Classic Helmsman Seat
- Sewn cushions offer a modern look
- Suitable for yatch cruisers and express cruisers
Manf. Part # 40116-01
- Dimensions: 16"W x 17"D x 16"H
- Color: White
Manf. Part # 40128-01
- Dimensions: 28"W x 17.75"D x 16.75"H
- Color: White
Technical Documentation Mounting Instructions for Model 75055 Side Mount Helmsman Seat Hardware with H-leg; Model 75014
Features and Compatibility
NOTE: This product uses locknuts for a secure assembly. Locknuts thread on harder than conventional nuts and require a screwdriver and wrench for attachment.
- Crescent wrench adjustable to 7/16"
For best utilization of your helmsman seat, it is recommended that the seat be mounted:
- As high as possible to enable a clear view over the bow.
- As close as possible to the wheel, leaving just enough room to slide onto the seat from the side (see Fig. 1).
Mounting Instructions for Model 75055
- Position seat on port or starboard bulkhead of boat so it will conform to the Mounting Guidelines given above. Mark a line on the bulkhead where the seat bottom is positioned (see Fig. 1). Make certain that the line is:
- no higher above the deck than the stanchion leg's measured length;
- parallel to the deck's surface;
- located on a good, solid surface suitable for mounting.NOTE: This line will be used to position U-brackets (A) in step 8.
- Refer to Fig. 2 and position both support brackets (B) on the bottom of the seat so that:
- Support bracket is allowed to extend a minimum of 1" from seat bottom (However, make certain that all screw holes are located on the seat bottom.);
- Brackets are spread apart from each other on seat bottom for maximum support and stability;
- Bracket's centerlines are parallel to each other. This will allow proper hinging action.NOTE: It is allowable to mount support brackets over the hinge on the seat bottom for correct positioning.
- Mark the bracket's hole locations on the seat bottom and drill all with a 1/8" bit.
- Secure the brackets to the seat bottom by aligning the holes and using screws (C).
- Snap both socket castings (D) over grooved ends of H-leg (E).
- Position socket castings (D) with H-leg (E) attached on seat bottom so they are centered on the seat's side and at least 2" from the edge. Make sure that the flat side of the sockets face toward the mounted support brackets (see Fig. 2). Mark both socket's mounting holes and drill them with a 1/8" bit. Secure both castings in position with 8 screws (C).
- Attach the 2 U-mounting brackets (A) to support brackets (B) by aligning their holes and inserting bolts (F) as in Fig.
- Secure with locknuts (G). Finger-tighten only. These nuts will have to be removed in step 9.
- Position the attached U-mounting brackets (A) against the line drawn in step 1. Mark the bracket's hole locations on the side bulkhead and drill all 4 holes with a 1/8" bit (see Fig. 3).
- Remove the 2 U-mounting brackets from the support brackets and align them with the drilled holes on the side bulkhead. Secure with 4 screws (C).
Mounting Instructions for Model 75014
- Attach seat to boat by aligning support bracket's and U-mounting bracket's holes, inserting bolts (F) and securing with locknuts (G) as in Fig. 3.
- Insert the grooved ends of H-leg (E) into both socket castings mounted on seat. Check to see that seat bottom is parallel to deck surface (see Fig. 4). If not, cut off the appropriate length of tubing on opposite end with a hacksaw. Slip polytips (H) on ends of H-leg. NOTE: Tips will go on easier by heating in warm water.
- If fore and aft adjustment of seat is desired, then seat may be adapted by using model 75005 Side Sliding Assembly.
Follow steps 5, 6 and 11 of the above instructions for mounting. NOTE: Screws (C) not provided.
Question & Answer Guidelines
Two questions: Does this use a single pedestal? Can arms be added?
This chair is mounted to a box or side coaming. Arms are not designed to be added to this seat.
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- All seat returns are subject to a 15-25% restocking charge. The item(s) must be in clean and resalable condition otherwise the return will be denied.