The Garmin AIS 300 enables monitoring of other nearby AIS-equipped vessels that may pose a collision risk. When connected to a Garmin chartplotter and Garmin VHF radio by NMEA 2000, mariners can display AIS target data and initiate a call to a target directly from the chartplotter screen. Dual-channel monitoring allows for independent monitoring of both AIS channels to ensure no loss of information. The Garmin AIS 300 receiver also includes the Class A and Class B reception which allows decoding of AIS traffic from both commercial and leisure vessels. Additionally, the Garmin AIS 300 can aid in collision avoidance by integrating a Closest Point of Approach (CPA) alarm when connected to a compatible chartplotter.
The Garmin AIS 300 is NMEA 2000 certified and is easily added to an existing NMEA 2000 network. It is compatible with both 12-volt and 24-volt boat systems. Additionally, the Garmin AIS 300 offers a NMEA 0183 output withs selectable speed. A built-in passive splitter enables one VHF antenna to serve both the Garmin AIS 300 and any VHF radio, making for easy installation. Once installed, users can view all AIS data on their chartplotters, so they'll have all the information they need at their fingertips. Mariners can rest easy knowing they have visibility of all the boat traffic around them.Features and Specifications:
Compatible with the following: GPSMAP 400 series, 500 series, 700 series, 4000 series, 5000 series, 6000 series, and 7000 series.
- Aids mariners in navigation and collision avoidance
- NMEA 2000 certified for easy installation
- Built-in passive splitter will enable one VHF antenna to serve for both the Garmin AIS 300 and any VHF radio with minimal signal loss
- Integrate AIS target data information directly on the chartplotter display (AIS target overlay, MMSI number saving, vessel status and more)
- When integrated with a compatible Garmin chartplotter and VHF 200 or 300 series radio via NMEA 2000, mariners can initiate a call to any MMSI target directly from the chartplotter by selecting the Call with Radio function.
- Dual channel AIS receiver with Class A and Class B reception
- Aids in collision avoidance by integrating a CPA alarm when connected to a compatible chartplotter
- NMEA 0183 output with selectable high/low speeds
- Supports 12V and 24V boat systems
- Dimensions: 8.2W x 5.5H x 1.8D
- Weight: 1 lb 7.6 oz
- Waterproof IPX7 Submersible
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.