With their wide panoramic displays, these affordable new systems bring fully menu-driven touchscreen control and radar interface to a compact standalone chartplotter. They are a great value for any boat or budget. The GPSMAP 700 series features a sleek 7-inch WVGA color display and a built-in high-sensitivity GPS receiver. Full NMEA 2000 connectivity is offered for engine, fuel, VHF, autopilot and other data monitoring. Plus, a standard radar port lets users connect with any Garmin GMR series marine radar for target scanning on the chartplotter screen1. Adding the optional GXM 51 receiver gives XM Satellite Radio and XM WX Satellite Weather capability for weather forecasting and storm tracking on the chartplotter (North America only; subscription required). Both the GPSMAP 720 series and 740 series models come preloaded with a worldwide marine basemap, which can easily be enhanced with optional BlueChart g2 or g2 Vision cards for expanded coverage of specific regions. In addition to its digital basemap, the Garmin GPSMAP 740 model also comes preloaded with detailed offshore maps for all U.S. coastal areas, including Alaska and Hawaii, plus Explorer Chart data for the Bahamas. And, by simply plugging in an optional BlueChart g2 Vision card, mariners can upgrade to premium features such as highresolution satellite imagery, Auto Guidance, aerial reference photos, and true 3D visual map perspective with both MarinerEye and FishEye views. The 720s and 740s features a powerful digital sounder with built-in 1,000-watt RMS capable sonar. This sonar can scan for fish, structure or other items of interest lurking as deep as 2,000 feet / 600 meters (with 1kW transducer).
Note: some advanced radar features such as Map Overlay, MARPA tracking and Dual Range display are not supported on the GPSMAP 700 series products.
- Brilliant, crisp 7 diagonal WVGA touchscreen display (800 x 480), 16:9 aspect ratio - over 1000 nits of brightness
- Add optional Garmin marine radar using the built-in radar port
- NMEA 2000 certified for seamless integration with the Garmin marine lineup
- Built-in high-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Preloaded worldwide marine basemap
- Built-in marine chart for the coastal US - including Alaska, Hawaii, and Explorer Chart data of the Bahamas (740 & 740S)
- Compatible with GXM 51 for XM Satellite Radio and XM WX Satellite Weather
- Streamlined user interface makes it simple to select modes and features
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to an SD card
- Optional BlueChart g2 Vision cards can provide enhanced features like Auto Guidance, satellite imagery, 3-D MarinerEye view and 3-D FishEye view
- High brightness display for superior daytime readability and super low-level dimming for optimum night vision
- Cleaner installation thanks to the newly designed bail mount with cable management capabilities
- Two NMEA 0183 ports
- Unit dimensions: 8.8W x 5.6H X 3.1 D
- Unit Weight: 2.48
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.