FCC Approved "Dual Purpose" RadioTough construction, superior waterproofing
The IC-M88 IS is built tough to withstand hazardous and unhospitable environments at sea and on land. Even if the IC-M88 IS is dropped into water, complete waterproofing* will protect it from harm. The compact and durable body meets military specifications (MIL-STD).* Equivalent to JIS waterproof grade 7. (1m depth for 30 minutes)Waterproof speaker-mic, HM-138 IS
An optional waterproof speaker-microphone, the HM-138 IS, provides reliable operation, even with the IC-M88 IS securely on your belt.22 programmable channels for land use
The IC-M88 IS has 22 programmable channels reserved for Land use (146174MHz). Wide/narrow channel spacing is programmable for each channel, and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built-in.*Appropriate license will be required.Li-Ion battery for extra long battery life
With the FM approved, 1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack, get up to 20 hours of talk time* without "memory effect". A 6 unit rapid charger is optional.*Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90Simple operation
6 clearly labelled buttons on the front panel and the volume/power knob maximize simplicity of operation. Even when wearing gloves, the large buttons are easy to operate. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night time operation simple.Intrinsically safe version approvedby Factory Mutual Research Corporation
This IS version of the M88 conforms to intrinsically safe rating of the FMRC (Factory Mutual Research Corporation). It can be used in many hazardous marine environments such as petroleum tankers and bulk cargo carrier. Ask your dealer for details.Intrinsically safe Class ?, ?? and ???, Division 1, Groups C, D, E, F, and G ; Nonincendive Class ?, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D hazardous locations when used with Icom BP-227FM battery pack. "Max. Temp. T3C at 40ºC*quot:Additional features
- Auto WX scan and WX Alert function (U.S.A. version only)
- Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- Powerful 5W output
- 2 Step power saver
- 4 Level battery indicator
- The self check function checks internal temperature, connected battery voltage (over voltage detection), and water intrusion
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.