Advanced Collision Avoidance w/ Real-Time Vessel Traffic InformationDual channel receive capability
The MXA-5000 receives both Ch. 87B (161.975MHz) and Ch. 88B (162.025MHz) simultaneously. This dual channel receive makes the MXA-5000 more flexible for obtaining AIS information from AIS transponders that operate on only one channel. In addition, the MXA-5000 also receives both Class A and Class B AIS data.Dual mode data output
The MXA-5000 has two data output. One is RS-422 for connection with equipment such as marine radar or GPS chart plotter. Those equipments which accept the VDM sentence format will show the AIS data on the display. The second is RS-232C for PC connection. When using with AIS plotter software*, the MXA-5000 allows you to monitor other vessel traffic on your PC.
*Not supplied from Icom.Built-in antenna splitter to share one antenna
The MXA-5000 can be installed between a VHF antenna and a VHF radio. While receiving a VHF radio signal*, the MXA-5000 receives AIS data. When you transmit from the connected VHF radio, the Tx signal bypasses the MXA-5000 to protect the internal circuit.
*Insertion loss : 3.5dB (approx.)GPS data multiplex
When connected a GPS receiver to the MXA-5000, GPS position information such as RMC, GGA, GNS and GLL formats can be multiplexed with AIS data (VDM format) and simplifies wiring.Compact size and light weight body
The MXA-5000 is only 132(W)X34(H)X155(D)* mm and weighs only 400g* for easy and flexible installation.
*Mounting bracket is not included. What is AIS?
Icom's MXA-5000 AIS (Automatic Identification System) receiver will pick up real- time transmissions from vessels that use an AIS transporter. Such transponders are now required for SOLAS vessels by SOLAS regulations.
The AIS transponder sends accurate navigation information such as:
- Static information - vessel call sign, name MMSI number, dimensions and type
- Voyage-related information - draft, cargo type, destination and estimated time of arrival
- Dynamic information - time in universal time, coordinated, latitude/longitude position, course over ground, speed over ground, heading, rate of turn and navigational status
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.