R10 Survivor Recovery SystemMan-Overboard (MOB) AIS Survivor Recovery System
The SafeLink R10 SRS (Survivor Recovery System) is the first of its kind, a personal AIS (Automatic Identification System) device designed to be fitted to a lifejacket and assist in Man Overboard recovery.
The SafeLink R10 transmits target survivor information, including structured alert messages, GPS position information and a unique serialised identity number back to the onboard plotter. An inbuilt high precision GPS receiver provides accurate position information to assist in quick recovery of survivors. It will transmit continuously for a minimum of 24 hours and has a 7 year battery storage life.
It also features a flashing LED indicator light; to aid detection at night and a self test facility with battery use indication.How It Works
Carrying a SafeLink R10 is a must for every safety conscious sailor. using this simple to operate, yet state of the art new device ensures the ultimate chance of retrieval in a Man Overboard situation. How SafeLink R10 SRS Works
- SafeLink R10 SRS must be mounted on a lifejacket using the attachment clips provided, prior to going to seaR10 SRS is activated manually in an emergency situation
- A unique emergency alert is transmitted to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled chart plotters within a 4 mile radius (typical)
- An AIS SAR emergency icon signals the requirement for urgent help in a Man Overboard situation.
- Precise target survivor information including GPS position becomes viewable when the chart plotter cursor is positioned over the emergency alert icon Provides exact location, range and bearing to locate person(s) in need of assistance.
- The SafeLink R10 SRS can be manually activated in two easy steps; when installed in the lifejacket the orange safety tab should be released, this 'arms' the R10 ready for use. To use, first inflate the lifejacket. When it is inflated, pull the orange tab downwards to pull the red cap off the R10. This will deploy the antenna and automatically switch ON the R10 SRS.
- If professionally fitted to a lifejacket, the R10 SRS can become semi-automatic in operation; the action of the lifejacket inflating triggers the activation of the R10 SRS
- Provides accurate position information to assist fast recovery in a man overboard situation
- Transmits GPS target tracking information to plotters and onboard navigation systems to assist fast location and retrieval
- Small and lightweight for mounting on lifejacket
- Unique serialized ID
- AIS channel 1 -161.975MHz, AIS channel 2 - 162.025MHz
- Message 1 (UID, GPS position, SOG, COG, UTC)
- Message 14 (SART-ACTIVE or SART-TEST)
- 4 Nautical Mile transmit range, based on sea conditions
- LED flashing indicator and audible buzzer
- 50-channel GPS
- Minimum 24 hour continuous operation
- 7 year battery life
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.