Inflatable Vest PFD with LIFT Auto Hydrostatic Activation
Life-saving Inflatable Flotation Technology (LIFT:)
The MD0450 Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable Vest with LIFT is a lightweight inflatable PFD designed with a shorter length and a low, flexible profile to ensure total mobility during the most rigorous activities. Engineered with revolutionary LIFT technology for increased freeboard and Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT) for reliable inflation in a low maintenance design, the MD0450 was designed primarily for performance sailors, security and rescue professionals and people in offshore environments.
LIFT technology improves safety for users in variable wind and wave conditions by elevating the mouth out of the water by up to 9 inches (23cm). This increase in freeboard has been shown to reduce underwater mouth immersions by 80%, reducing the risks of drowning and exposure. Hydrostatic Inflator Technology will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not inadvertently due to rain, spray or humidity. Made for the most severe marine environments the Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable Vest with LIFT will meet the challenges of the most demanding users. Features:
- 40 lb buoyancy when inflated
- LIFT provides up to 9 of freeboard - the highest elevation out of water ever seen in a PFD - for extra safety in severe weather. This reduces mouth immersions and increases visibility to rescue crews.
- Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT) - offers reliable inflation in a low maintenance design that will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not inadvertently due to rain, spray or humidity.
- HIT is exclusive to Mustang Survival in North America and maintenance-free for 5 years or until inflated
- When inflated, LIFT bladder has stabilizing wings on sides and behind the neck to provide support in rough waters
- Safety Inspection Window - window allows user to easily inspect inflator status: green indicates inflator is ready for use
- SecureZIP closure withstands rigorous activity and is easy to repack
- Neoprene Comfort Collar
- Mesh back allows for good air flow to keep wearer cool
- Durable 420-Denier nylon
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Backup oral inflation tube
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on badder
- Sailing harness-ready (MA1900 available separately)
The US Coast Guard has approved the MD0450 as a Type V with Type III Performance.
SIZE UNIVERSAL ADULT (30-52 CHEST)
AGE OVER 16 YEARS, WEIGHING 36.3 KG (80 LB) AND OVER
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.