Prevents or repairs damage to your skeg
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Mirror Polished Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel
- Thickened lower wear tab protects against ramp dragging and is great for river running
- Drain hole prevents against corrosion and freezing
- Won't compromise performance
- Do-it-yourself install in less than 10 minutes
- Installs with as little as 2-3 inches of skeg remaining
- Three year warranty
Easily installs! Click here for installation instructions
The new SkegGuard from Megaware KeelGuard provides the best of two worlds. It will protect and prevent damage to your motor's skeg and can also be used to repair and replace an already broken skeg.
The Megaware SkegGuard is constructed of high quality marine grade 316 stainless steel that incorporates an extra reinforced wear tab across the bottom where the skeg is most vulnerable. This 3mm thickened lower plate will withstand damage or abrasion from hidden rocks and debris or accidental ramp dragging. The SkegGuard conforms to your lower unit to insure there is no discernable drag or compromise in performance. A drain hole keeps water from collecting and remaining stagnant.
Secured with self-locking hardware, the Megaware SkegGuard can be installed with common tools in less than 10 minutes, and will provide years of service and save hundreds of dollars in potential repairs.
If replacing an already broken skeg, the Megaware SkegGuard can be installed on a lower unit with as little as 2 inches of skeg remaining. It will be stronger and much more affordable than welding and replacing a lower skeg.
Video TranscriptTake a look at how much metal is now missing off the skeg of this motor. The owner of this boat only has about an inch or two left, and that’s it! Hi – I’m David Shumway, president of Megaware Keelguard.
As a boater you worry about hitting something underwater, trees can fall along the shoreline and logs can surprise you as they travel downstream. Or with lower water levels, large rocks or chunks of concrete that once were too deep to be a problem, pose a dangerous threat.
Then there’s the accidental ramp dragging, or when parking, the skeg gets hit and bent. And this is why our company has designed a simple and economical solution to skeg repair. This is our Megaware SkegGuard. It is construction of high quality, marine grade 3/16th stainless steel with a mirror like finish that will withstand much more damage or abrasion than the traditional skeg that you stated out with.
Installing one is really easy. Simply slide it over the remaining part of the skeg using a rubber mallet if needed. You will need a minimum of about 1 or 2 inches of the original skeg to attach to. Once it’s lined up, simply drill two quarter inch holes in the skeg using the holes in the SkegGuard as your guide. Next, take the mounting hardware that is included with your kit, and with the alan wrenches, secure them into place. You’ll notice that the mounting hardware has already been pre dipped in a thread locker, ensuring that your new skeg guard stays secure.
You might also notice this skeg wear tab at the bottom of the skeg Guard. It provides additional strength and reinforcement where the skeg is most vulnerable. It also has a drain hole to keep water from collecting and becoming stagnant or freezing. And the SkegGuard is very affordable at less than 100$ it’s a lot less expensive than welding on a new skeg. and eliminates the heat that can be generated when welding.
Give your boat the edge. read less
- MERCRUlSER: Pre Alpha I Drives 1973-1984
- MERCRUlSER: Alpha I 1985-1990
- MERCRUlSER: Alpha I Generation II 1991-2010
- MERCRUlSER: Bravo I, III 1990-2010
- MERCURY MARINER:
- 135, 150, 175, 200 hp 2 & 4 Stroke 1978-2004
- 225 hp 2 Stroke 1978-1995
- FORCE: 70, 90 hp 2 Stroke 1998-2002 (by Mercury)
- HONDA: 75, 90, 115 hp 4 Stroke 1995-2007
- MERCURY MARINER:
- 50, 60 hp (Big Foot) 2 & 4 Stroke 2003-2010
- 70, 75, 80 hp 2 Stroke 1984-2009
- 90, 100, 115, 125 hp 2 & 4 Stroke Verado & Optimax 1983-2010
- NISSAN MARINE: 70, 90, 115, 120, 140 hp 2 Stroke 1993-2009
- TOHATSU: 70, 90, 115, 120, 140 hp 2 Stroke 1993-2010
- EVlNRUDE/ JOHNSON:
- 150, 175, 185, 200, 225 hp 2 Stroke 1986-2003
- 150 hp DBX & DPL (E-Tec) 2 Stroke 2004-2010
- 175, 200 hp DPL, DSL (E-Tec) 2 Stroke 2004-2010
- 225, 250 hp DCX. DCZ, DPX (E- Tec) 2 Stroke 2004-2010
- OMC COBRA: V6 & V8 Drives 1986-1994
- SUZUKI: 300 hp 4 Stroke 2009
- EVlNRUDE/ JOHNSON: 90, 100, 115, 120, 140 hp 2 Stroke 1980-2001
- OMC COBRA: 4 Cylinder 1986-1994
- 250, 300 hp 4 Stroke 2006-2008
- 150, 175, 200, 225, 250 hp 4 Stroke 2003-2010
- 150, 175, 200, 225 hp 2 Stroke 1986-2002
- YAMAHA (Models will not fit units with curved skeg):
- 150 hp 2 & 4 Stroke 1984-2009
- 350 hp 4 Stroke 2009
- 115, 130, 175, 200, 225, 250 hp 2 Stroke 1984-2002
- 3.0L - 5.7L 1989-1993
- 85, 90, 120, 125, 150 hp 2 Stroke 1988-1996
- 90, 120, 150 hp 2 Stroke 'L' Drive 1988-1991
- SX Single Prop 2007-2009
- DP Dual Prop 1996-2007
- MERCURY MARINER:
- 225 hp 2 Stroke 1996-2004
- 150, 175, 200, 225, 250, 275 hp incl. Verado & Optimax 2005-2010
- VOLVO: SX Single Prop 1995-2006
- YAMAHA (Models will not fit units with curved skeg): 40, 50 hp 2 & 4 Stroke 2001-2009
- YAMAHA (Models will not fit units with curved skeg): 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 hp 2 & 4 Stroke 2002-2009