FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Mirror Polished Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel
- Thickened lower wear tab protects against ramp dragging and is great for river running
- Drain hole prevents against corrosion and freezing
- Won't compromise performance
- Do-it-yourself install in less than 10 minutes
- Installs with as little as 2-3 inches of skeg remaining
- Three year warranty
Easily installs! Click here for installation instructions
The new SkegGuard from Megaware KeelGuard provides the best of two worlds. It will protect and prevent damage to your motor's skeg and can also be used to repair and replace an already broken skeg.
The Megaware SkegGuard is constructed of high quality marine grade 316 stainless steel that incorporates an extra reinforced wear tab across the bottom where the skeg is most vulnerable. This 3mm thickened lower plate will withstand damage or abrasion from hidden rocks and debris or accidental ramp dragging. The SkegGuard conforms to your lower unit to insure there is no discernable drag or compromise in performance. A drain hole keeps water from collecting and remaining stagnant.
Secured with self-locking hardware, the Megaware SkegGuard can be installed with common tools in less than 10 minutes, and will provide years of service and save hundreds of dollars in potential repairs.
If replacing an already broken skeg, the Megaware SkegGuard can be installed on a lower unit with as little as 2 inches of skeg remaining. It will be stronger and much more affordable than welding and replacing a lower skeg.
- FORCE: 70, 90 hp 2 Stroke 1998-2002 (by Mercury)
- HONDA: 75, 90, 115 hp 4 Stroke 1995-2007
- MERCURY MARINER:
- 50, 60 hp (Big Foot) 2 & 4 Stroke 2003-2010
- 70, 75, 80 hp 2 Stroke 1984-2009
- 90, 100, 115, 125 hp 2 & 4 Stroke Verado & Optimax 1983-2010
- NISSAN MARINE: 70, 90, 115, 120, 140 hp 2 Stroke 1993-2009
- TOHATSU: 70, 90, 115, 120, 140 hp 2 Stroke 1993-2010