| || |
- Remove and separate the whole jet pump from the PWC.
- Remove the trail cone (or cap) from the stator.
- Hold the rear end of the shaft with a bench vise. Remove the impeller with an impeller wrench. Turning counter clockwise will loosen the impeller.
- Visually inspect thread on shaft & impeller for debris or damage. Apply grease or anti-seize on the thread before installation.
- Screw in the impeller by hand; be careful of the sharp edges of the impeller. Tighten with the impeller wrench. If the impeller feels too tight or not threaded properly, unscrew the impeller, clean and check the thread.
- Assemble the pump and put it back on the PWC.