Rollable PowerFilm Solar Battery Chargers
The iBoats Experience
Boats for SaleBrowse thousands of constantly-updated listings and search by location, brand, and boat type See more...
AdviceConnect with our expansive community and tap into the knowledge base of the most dedicated boaters around. See more...
Shop ProductsBrowse and search for hundreds of thousands of boat parts, accessories, and supplies to suit your every need.
PowerFilm Rollable Solar Charger How To
Hello and welcome to PowerFilm's demonstrational video on how to use our Rollable Solar Charger.
Our rollable line of products comes in four different sizes ranging from the 7watt charger to the 28 watt charger.
The PowerFilm Rollable Solar Chargers are lightweight, durable and extremely portable. Solar chargers are fully water proof and constructed with marine grade connectors to provide a portable solution for marine environments.
Grommets are built in for secure fastening.
The unmatched durability of the solar chargers allows for use on the harshest environments. And PowerFilm's proprietary processes, produces a panel that works even after being punctured.
The Rollable Solar Chargers are capable of charging multiple electronic devices. Here are a few application examples.
We will now demonstrate how to use our 20watt Rollable Solar Charger.
Unroll the charger and place the unit with the solar modules facing the sun to maximize performance. Pick up the RA2 12 volt adapter and plug it into the solar charger. Now, take your power inverter and plug it into the RA2 adapter. You are now ready to hook up your computer to the charging cable. Locate the charger port on your computer and connect the cable.
Thank you for watching this demonstrational video. For more information, please visit our website at www.powerfilmsolar.com. Remember to keep the power on the power film.
Rollable Solar Chargers
PowerFilm, Inc. Rollable Solar Chargers are manufactured with a proprietary roll process that produces a thin film solar panel with best-in-class flexibility. This enables PowerFilm Rollable Solar Chargers to be truly rollable, unlike other "rollable" solar chargers.
Built with the same technology that goes into every PowerFilm solar module, the Rollable Solar Charger line is extremely durable, lightweight, and easily integrated to provide power for a number of charging applications.
- Performs even in low light - PowerFilm Solar chargers have been designed to absorb light even during light conditions. The panel is able to charge for more hours per day than competing technologies
- Waterproof - A perfect solar solution for wet and water-logged environments, PowerFilm Rollable Solar Chargers are fully waterproof and constructed with marine grade connectors to provide a portable solar solution for marine environments
- Extreme durability - PowerFilm Rollable Solar Chargers resist point damage extremely well, resulting in a charger that still functions, with minimal loss of output, even after subjected to puncturing (note - puncturing will affect the ability of the solar panel to repel water)
- Accessories Included - Using the Rollable Solar Charger is made easy with the included 12 V female barrel adaptor and 15' O-ring terminal extension cord. Plug in 12 V compatible devices to the solar charger directly or hook the solar charger to a 12 V battery for trickle charging and power storage
- Designed for reliability - Unlike crystalline solar cells that are prone to shattering, PowerFilm Solar modules are flexible. The Rollable series of PowerFilm Solar chargers also use a redundant design to help provide power in the event a section should become damaged
PowerFilm Rollable Solar Chargers come in two varieties: the standard rollable solar chargers and the Rollable Classic line of chargers offering multiple power output options.
A full line of approved accessories opens the PowerFilm Rollable Solar Charger to even more everyday uses. The application for the PowerFilm Rollable Solar Charger is virtually limitless based on relevant power requirements.