We are excited to introduce our second generation Satellite Compass, the SC50, which utilizes Furunos advanced GPS Kinematic technology. Satellite Compass performance is not affected by ships speed, latitude, geomagnetism, etc. This hybrid integration of GPS receiver technology and a 3-axis solid-state rate sensor provide accurate and steady heading information, even when bridges or tall buildings block satellite signals. Unlike conventional magnetic and gyro compasses, accuracy is not affected by G-force or velocity. Furthermore, when compared to other GPS based compass systems incorporating only two antennas, our addition of a third GPS antenna provides enhanced accuracy while reducing the negative effects of pitch, roll, and yaw. The SC50 offers highly accurate GPS WAAS Data for SOG, COG, ROT, and L/L. Multiple, programmable hi-speed heading data outputs allow you to send this information where you need it, and our unique Analog Pitch and Roll Output can be used to enhance your Furuno Sonar System.This Satellite Compass is ideal as an alternative to a traditionally expensive and high-maintenance gyrocompass for non-compulsory vessels, as well as being the perfect back up solution to a gyro for a compulsory vessel. The SC50 offers a wide range of applications for providing fast, stable, precision heading information to numerous devices, including: Radar/ARPA, Satellite Communications & TV systems, Autopilots (based upon I/F type), AIS, ECDIS, Scanning Sonar, Chart Plotters, etc. Standard Features
- Newly designed processor unit, providing enhanced accuracy and performance
- Multiple, programmable hi-speed heading data outputs in IEC 61121-1/2(NMEA0183/HS)
- Highly Accurate GPS WAAS Data - SOG, COG, ROT, and L/L
- Unique Analog Pitch and Roll Output for Furuno Sonar Systems
- Heading information for Radar/ARPA, AIS, ECDIS, Scanning Sonar and Chart Plotter
- Typical heading accuracy of 0.8 degrees for SC50
- Tri-antenna system reduces effect of pitching, rolling and yawing
- Short settling time of 3-4 minutes
- Clear 4.5 inch backlit Silver Bright LCD
- Heading output in NMEA 0183, IEC 61162-1 and AD-10 (25ms update)
- Four display modes: Compass Rose, Steering, Nav Data, Heading Mode
- Follow-up rate of 25 degrees/second
- Works as normal GPS navigator
- 12 discrete channels
- No mechanical parts such as gimbals or rotating meter, making compass free from routine maintenance
- IMO MSC.116(73) Type Approved as a verified THD -Transmitting Heading Device
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.