Simrad NSE-12 Multifunction Display
Simrad NSE, this tough, versatile chartplotter / multifunction display
features pre-loaded cartography (Insight HD), full compatibility with SimNet
marine electronics and user-friendly controls.
Available in 8 and 12 versions, the new Simrad NSE multifunction
display brings professional-grade navigation electronics to the leisure and
light commercial user.
Built to withstand the toughest conditions, the Simrad NSE12 is a stunningly
fast, full-function chartplotter right out of the box, supplied pre-loaded
with HD Insight (USA only) cartography. But that's just the beginning, as
the Simrad NSE12 offers owners the opportunity to add over time a wide range
of modules and transducers that will extend its capabilities to include
functioning as a best-in-class echo sounder / fishfinder, radar display
(both HD and broadband), AIS transceiver, autopilot control, engine
performance display and much more, all accessible from a single screen
(additional screens can be added as required) and displayed in the format
and combination of your choice. And it's all easy to install thanks to its
SimNet / NMEA2000 compatibility - just plug in the new unit and the NSE will
recognise and configure it automatically.Key Features:
- Pre-loaded Insight HD for the Americas, plus super-fast chart redraw
for seamless navigation even at high speeds.
- Simple controls even for the first-time user, with an all-new
alphanumeric keypad, rotary controller and direct access keys.
- Fully compatible with the revolutionary broadband sounder / fishfinder
- Build your own network of state-of-the art Simrad navigation technology
for professional-grade performance; just plug in broadband or HD radar,
best-in-class autopilots, AIS and more to create an integrated navigation
- Rugged aluminium construction for the most challenging conditions and
- Very high resolution screen and super-bright LED backlighting, yet 60%
lower power consumption.
- High-brightness bonded screens with LED backlight technology
- An 80GB hard drive for the cartography together with a 1.6 GHz CPU for
ultra-fast chart redraw
- SVGA in the 12-inch version.
In the box
- Display Resolution 1024 x 768
- Display Type 12.1 inch Color TFT LCD
- Display Modes up, Course-up*, North-up*, Relative Motion (*Heading input
- Multilanguage Display - English (UK), English (US), German, French,
Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Croatian, Finnish, Icelandic, Dutch,
Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Slovenian, Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian
- NMEA 0183 Interface Input: GLL, GGA, RMC, RMB, GSA, GSV, APB, BWC, DBT,
DPT, MTW, VLW, VHW, HDG
- NMEA Output: GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, VTG, ZDA, AAM, APB, BOD, BWC, BWR, RMC,
RMB, XTE, DBT, DPT,MTW, VLW,VHW, HDG, MWV,TLL, TTM
- Housing Die Cast Aluminum Rear housing & Front panel. Plastic frontbezel
- Waterproof Standard IPx7
- Width 356 mm \\\\ 14 in
- Height 273 mm \\\\ 10.7 in
- Depth 4.83 in
- Power Supply 12.0 VDC-24.0 VDC (9.0 - 34.0 VDC Min-Max) vDC
- Power Consumption 33.6W or 2.8A @ 12.0 VDC or 33.6W or 1.4A @ 24VDC
- CPU (Central Processing Unit) 1.6 GHz
- Memory Size RAM: 512 MB / Hard Drive: 80 GB
- Operating Temperature -15°C to +55°C (+5°F to +131° F)
Simrad Broadband 3G™ Radar
- NSE-12 unit
- Power cable
- Video / comms cable
- Snap-on front bezel
- Mounting gasket
- Sun cover
- Screen cleaning cloth- Yoke mount
- Connector caps (set of seven)
- Document wallet with manuals
- Bracket mount knobs and washers, screws
- Cut-out template
Faster, better, longer...
Join the Broadband Radar™ revolution for superior short-range target detection and unrivalled target separation.
Now with 30% more range.
- Crystal Clear Images
- Zero Radiation Hazard
- Low Power Consumption
- Mount Anywhere
- Quick Installation
- Unrivalled Short-Range Performance
- 10 MARPA Targets
Broadband 3G™ Radar allows you to see more targets farther away from your boat. Now you get the same impressive short-range capabilities of the original Broadband Radar™ with the addition of exposing targets previously unseen before. Unparalleled Short Range Target Discrimination - Where it Matters Most
Simrad Yachting's Broadband Radar™ provides amazing target resolution, even at an unprecedented 1/32 nm range. Docks, channel markers, moored vessels and other critical targets are displayed with clarity and separation, for added confi dence in close quarters. Broadband Radar™ technology also eliminates the main bang of a pulse radar - the obscured dead zone immediately around the vessel - which interferes with close target detection.Lowest RF Transmission for Safe, Flexible Installation
Because Simrad Broadband Radar™ transmits at 1/10,000 the power of typical pulse radars (emitting 5 times less energy than an average cell phone), the radome is safe to mount in locations never before possible. In addition, the lowest DC power draw of any X-band marine radar makes this system ideally suited for sailboats and other vessels with limited power.Navigation in an Instant
No more waiting 2-3 minutes for a magnetron to warm up - 100% solid-state design provides InstantOn™ capability. When darkness falls or the fog rolls in, you will always be ready. Ideal for sailboats wishing to save power, or boats at anchor not wishing to run the radar continuously.Compatible Products:
Simrad NSO SPECIFICATIONSRADARAntenna Beam Width Horizontal
5.2°+/-10% (-3dB width) °Antenna Beam Width Vertical
25°+/-20% (-3dB width) °Antenna Receiver Noise Figure
6 dBAntenna Rotation Speed
24/36 rpm +/- 10% RPMsRadar Warm Up Time
0 minRadar Wind Resistance
51 m/sec (Max:100 Knots)COMMUNICATIONSTransmitter Frequency
X-band - 9.3 to 9.4GhzTransmitter Power Output
165mW nominalData I/O Protocol
High Speed EthernetTECHNICAL / ENVIRONMENTALMounting
Bolts: 4x30xM8 - 304 stainless steelWaterproof Standard
280 mm \\\\ 11 inDiameter
488 mm \\\\ 19.2 inWeight
7.4 kg \\\\ 16.31 lbsHumidity
+35°C (95xF) 95% RHPOWERPower Supply
9V to 31.2Vdc (12/24 Volt systems) Reverse polarity protection vDCPower Consumption
18W (Typ.) @ 13.8VdcPower Consumption Standby
2W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc - only 150maGENERALCompliance
CE, FCC (ID: RAY3G4G), IC: 4697A-3G4GOTHERInterconnection Cable
10m (33ft) standard with RJ45 thin custom (Max 30m)Interface Heading
SimNet or NMEA 0183 with cable kit into displayOperating Temperature
-25° to +55°C (-13° to +130°F)High Speed 5 Hz GPS15 Antenna provides even greater accuracy and performance
Advanced 5Hz performance with a true update rate of 5 times per second for best in class position data during acceleration and high speed manoeuvres.
The Simrad GS15 works with SimNet and NMEA 2000® networks for enhanced location accuracy and improved satellite-signal fix WAAS and EGNOS Mounting:
The Simrad GS15 can be mounted on a 1 x 14tpi thread tube or mounting bracket with the included moutning base. It can also be mounted flat on a surface with a hole of 15 mm for the Micro-C connector. The antenna is secured with two screws from the top.
The antenna is simple to install and includes a 4 m Micro-C to SimNet cable to allow easy networking.
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.