Effectively safeguard your boat engine skeg from damage and wear with KeelGuard SkegPro. It easily installs to your engine skeg and protects it from damages and bending caused due to ramp dragging, rocks, debris and submerged objects. It also protects skeg from abrasion and wear due to harsh and long time use.
The SkegPro is constructed from 18-gauge 304 stainless steel grade stainless steel that is known for excellent strength and anti-corrosive properties. Its polished mirror finish makes the Skegpro a stylish addition to your boat. The SkegPro is easy to install and comes in a range of models to fit almost all skegs.
- Anti-corrosive marine grade stainless steel construction
- Protects skeg from damages, bending, abrasion and wear
- Easily installs
Features of the KeelGuard SkegPro
- Constructed from anti-corrosive, 18-gauge 304 stainless steel grade stainless steel
- Protects skeg from damages due to ramp dragging, rocks, debris and submerged objects
- Mirror polished finish
- Comes in a range of size to fit most outboards or I/O’s
Manf. Part # 02665
- Evinrude/Johnson 115 HP 2005-up
- Honda BF 50 HP 2008
- Johnson 40, 50 HP 2002 (Not Before) and 70 HP 1978
- Mercury 15 HP Big Foot 4 Stroke 2003-up, 25 HP Big Foot 4 Stroke 1998-up, 40 HP 1995-up, 50 HP, 60 HP 4 Stroke & EFI, EFI Saltwater 125 HP 2001
- Yamaha 40, 50, 60 HP 4 Stroke (Does not fit lower hp)
Manf. Part # 02656
- Honda V Tech 150 HP 2004
- Mercury 135, 150, 175, 200, 225, 250 HP Verado 2005 –up, 200 HP XR6 BlackMax EFI, 225 HP 1997-up, 250 HP, 250 XS 2007, EFI 200 HP 3.0 L 2003-up, EFI 225 HP 1997-up, EFI Saltwater 225, 250 HP 2003-up, Optimax& Pro XS 175, 225, 250 HP 2007-08, Optimax 200 HP 2003-up, Optimax Saltwater 200, 225 HP 2003-up, Pro XB 250 HP
- Tohatsu-Nissan SX 1997 -2006
Manf. Part # 02661
- Evinrude/Johnson 135 HP 2001-2002, 150 HP 1985-2002, 175 HP 1995, 175 HP 2001-2002
- Mercury 140 HP 1972
- Yamaha VMAX & EFI 150 HP short shaft
Manf. Part # 02669
- Fits: Yamaha VMAX & EFI 150 HP TRP
Manf. Part # 02658
- Evinrude 40 HP 1991-1995, 40 HP E-Tech 2005-2008, 50 HP E-Tec 2008, 60 HP 1989, 60 HP E-Tech 2006 – 2008, 70 HP 1985-2001, 90 HP 1985-2001
- Force 90, 120 HP 1996-up
- Honda BF 135, 150 HP 2007-2008
- Johnson 90, 115, 120, 150, 175 HP 2003-2007 V6 Magnum, 90, 115, 140 HP 4 stroke 2003-up, GT 150 HP
- Mercury 225 HP Sportsmaster
- Suzuki 60, 70 HP – 2008 and DF 90, 115, 140 HP
- Tohatsu-Nissan Duo Prop -2006
- Yamaha 75 HP 2000
Manf. Part # 02663
- Evinrude/Johnson 115 HP Special 1985-2002 and 88 HP Special 1988-2002
- Mercury 175 HP Black Max 1991
- Yamaha 115 HP 2 Stroke 1993-up, 115 HP 4 Stroke, 130 HP 1996-up, 150 HP 4 stroke, 150, 200, 225 HP 1996-up, 200, 225 HP 4 stroke, VMAX & EFI 200, 225, 250 HP -2003, VMAX, HPDI & EFI 150 HP 2003-up, VMAX, HPDI & EFI 175 2004-up, VMAX, HPDI 200 HP with small powerhead 2.6 liter 2006-up
Manf. Part # 02673
- Evinrude 225 HP HO 2004
- Yamaha VMAX & EFI 200, 225, 250, 300 HP& HPDI 2004 and VMAX 200 HPDI 2005
Manf. Part # 02655
- Honda BF 200, 225 HP -2006
- Mercury 135 HP 1990, 40, 50 HP Big Foot 4 Stroke 2003-up, 60 HP Big Foot 4 Stroke, 75, 90, 115 HP 2 & 4 stroke, 85 HP 1977, EFI saltwater 115 4 stroke 2003-up, EFI saltwater 90 HP 2005, Mariner 115 HP 1994-2002, Mariner 125 HP 1998-2002, Mariner 75, 90, 150, 175 HP 1995-2002, Mercruiser Alpha One 1973-up, Optimax 200 HP& Saltwater -2002, Optimax 250 HP -2006, Optimax 75, 90, 115 HP 2006, Tracker 75, 90 Hp 2004
- Suzuki DF 150, 175, 200, 225, 250 and DT 90, 150, 150 S, 200, 225 hp
- Tohatsu-Nissan 140 HP
- Yamaha 130 HP 4 Stroke 1996-2002, 250 HP 4 Stroke 2005 & 2008, 90 HP 4 Stroke EFI 2004
Manf. Part # 02664
- Evinrude 150, 200 HP E-Tec 2008 and 175 HP E-Tec 2005-2008
- Evinrude/Johnson 175 HP 2000
- Johnson 115 HP 2 Stroke Salt Water 2003
- Mercury 125 HP XR6 -2002, 200 HP Regular & EFI 1996-2002 (Not Before), 50 HP Tracker 4 Stroke 2001, Classic 115 HP 2003-up (also EXL PTO), Classic 150 HP XR4 & XR6, Classic 60, 75, 90, 125, 200 HP 2003-up, EFI 135, 200 HP 2003-up, EFI 150 HP 2000, 2002-up, EFI 175 HP 1999-2000, EFI Saltwater 115, 125 HP 2002, EFI Saltwater 135, 150, 200 HP, Optimax 115, 135, 150 HP-2005, Optimax 150 HP 2006 & 2008, Optimax Saltwater 135, 150, 175 HP 2003-up
- Tohatsu-Nissan 70, 90 HP
- Yamaha 100 HP 4 Stroke 2000, 50 HP 2001, 60, 70, 90 HP 2 Stroke 2003-2008, stern drive 1997, VMAX 200 HPDI 2002
Manf. Part # 02667
- Evinrude 200 HP HO E-Tech 2006
- Evinrude/Johnson 200 HP High Output 2003-2007 and 50 HP 1999
- Mercury 85 HP 1973, Mercruiser Bravo One 1994-up and Mercruiser Bravo Three 1992-up
- OMC King Cobra Stern Drive 1990-1995
- Yamaha VMAX 250 HPDI -2003
Manf. Part # 02668
- Fits: Mercury Mercruiser Bravo Two 1994-up
Manf. Part # 02662
- Evinrude 250 HP 2001
- Evinrude/Johnson 175 HP 1993 and 200, 225 HP 1985-2002
- Honda BF 75, 90, 115, 130, 150 HP (Does not fit lower hp)
- Johnson 60 HP 1999-2002, 70 HP 2002 and 85 HP 1995
- Mercury 200 HP XRL 1993
- OMC Stern Drive 1983-1994 (Non King Cobra)
Manf. Part # 02660
- Evinrude 115 HP E-Tech 2008
- Mercury Mariner 175 HP 1994
- Yamaha VMAX & EFI 150 HP 1996-2002
Manf. Part # 02674
- Evinrude 150, 200, 225, 250 HO E-Tec 2008-up
- Yamaha VMAX & HPDI 225, 250, 300 HP 2005-up and VMAX, HPDI 200 HP with Large Powerhead 3.3 liter 2006-up
Manf. Part # 02900
- Fits any skeg
Manf. Part # 02657
- Evinrude 75, 90 115 HP E-Tech 2005 - 2008
- Evinrude/Johnson 115 HP 1985-2002, 120,130 HP 1985-2002, HP 2002, 90 HP 2002-2004
- Johnson 90, 115, 120, 150, 175 HP 2003-2007 V4 Stingray
- Suzuki 300 HP 2007-up
Video TranscriptWhat you're looking at is a brand new un-marred skeg on a brand new outboard engine. Hi, I’m David Shumway – president of Megaware KeelGuard- and what we’re best known for are all the protection products that we provide the boat owner. Take for example the skeg that is on your engine – or on your outdrive if you happen to have an I/O. The function of the skeg is fairly simple. It’s part of your steering system. It acts as a rudder. It’s also there to help the propeller from hitting any underwater obstruction by deflecting objects away from the prop.
Now what a lot of smart boat owners are doing is purchasing one of our SkegPros to guard against the possibility of damaging or bending their skeg from a hit or from the wearing away or abrasion of the skeg, which happens whenever you run in shallow water and the skeg drags through the mud or sand and begins to wear away - sometimes quite dramatically. It can also get bent broken or chipped when it hits a rock or a chuck of concrete.
Remember skegs on motor are usually made of cast metals or aluminums which are a fairly soft type of metal. Unlike your original skegs metal, the SkegPro is made from a much stronger and more durable marine grade stainless steel. It really holds up and with its mirror polished finish it looks great and gives that customized boat to your boat.
Even though look awesome they are engineered to take punishing blows. We’ve even had some returned under warranty where the product was bent and distorted but severed as a sacrificial item that protected the skeg from being destroyed. – saving the boat owner a very expensive repair or insurance claim.
Best yet, they are extremely affordable at just $69.95 and they come in a variety of sizes for most outboard engines or I/O’s on the market.
Installing one is very easy and only takes about ten minutes, or less. First, using a rubber or wooden mallet gently tap one on over the leading edge of your skeg. Then drive it on with the mallet until fully seated to the shape of your current skeg. And drill all the way through your skeg by using the pre drilled holes on the skeg pro as a pilot hole. Next attach the screw and nylon hut that comes with the kit and that’s it. Give your boat the edge!
Keelguard SkegPro TIP
Here's today's very first one, which also happens to center around the outboard engine, it's with David Shumway from Megaware Keelguard. David, take it away.
Take a look at how much metal is now missing off the skeg on this motor. The owner of this boat only has about an inch or two left, and that's it. Hi, I'm David Shumway, president of Megaware Keelguard. As a boater you worry about hitting something underwater. Trees can fall along the shore line, logs can surprise you as they travel downstream, or, with lower water levels, rocks or big chunks of concrete that once were too deep to be a problem, now pose a dangerous threat. Then there's the accidental ramp dragging, or when parking, the skeg gets hit and bent, and this is why our company has designed a simple and economical solution to skeg repair.
This is our Megaware Skeg Guard. It is constructed of high quality, marine grade, 316 stainless steel, with a mirror-like finish, that will withstand much more damage or abrasion than the traditional skeg that you started out with.
Installing one is really easy. Simply slide it over the remaining part of the skeg, using a rubber mallet if needed. You will need a minimum of one or two usable inches of the original skeg to attach to, then once it's lined up, simply drill two quarter inch holes through the skeg using the holes in the skeg guard as your guide.
Next, take the mounting hardware that's included in the kit, and with the two allen wrenches, secure them into place. You'll notice that the mounting hardware has already been dipped in a thread locker, ensuring that your new skeg guard stays secure. You might also notice this skeg wear tab at the bottom of the skeg guard. It provides additional strength and reinforcement where the skeg is most vulnerable. It also has a drain hole to keep water from collecting and becoming stagnant or freezing.
And the skeg guard is very affordable at less than $100. It's a lot less expensive than welding on a new skeg, and eliminates the heat that can be generated when welding.
If you would like to know more about our skeg guard and find an application that fits your particular motor, please log on to skegguard.com and give your boat the edge.
Ship Shape TV, the world leader in boat improvement.