Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier. The Explorer GX1600 has an ultra thin and compact rear case, only 3.5 in depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market. The rear case design also gives flexibility when flush mounting the radio in tight areas or bracket mounting the radio by taking up less dash space, and allowing more mounting options. The GX1600 has been designed to meet the NEW ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC regulations with a dedicated channel 70 receiver that continuously watches for DSC calls. The GX1600S has the ability to accept a RAM3 Remote Access Microphone allowing full control of all radio and DSC functions from a second station. Additional features include, oversized full dot matrix display, user selectable Programmable Scan, Dual Watch, Ch16 Priority Scan, user changeable channel names, NOAA weather with alert, dedicated preset channel and a dedicated CH16/9 keys and 3 programmable soft keys. The microphone also has dedicated 16/9 and H/L keys, channel selection keys and uses ClearVoice noise reduction technology which reduces wind and engine noise when transmitting. Another unique feature of the GX1600 is the ability to poll (request and send) the GPS location of another vessel and show that vessel's position on the radio's display. Connecting a compatible GPS chart plotter will allow the GX1600 to repeat your position, SOG, COG and time on the full dot matrix display. The GX1600 is backed by an industry leading 3-year waterproof warranty. Features:
- Ultra thin and compact rear case design (3.5 depth)
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) with Individual, All ship, Position Report, Request and Distress
- Navigation to a DSC Distress Call with compass page
- Automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 ships using DSC
- Enter, Save, and Navigation to waypoint with Compass page
- GPS Compass display
- Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
- Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
- Noise canceling microphone with channel UP/DOWN, 16/9 and H/L keys
- NOAA weather channel selection with alert
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual Watch
- GPS repeating of position, SOG, COG and time
- Customizable channel names
- Oversized dot matrix display
- NMEA Input and Output
- Programmable soft keys
- Capable of connecting to a Second Station CMP30 Remote Access Microphone
- Die-cast chassis
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
This product ships in 1 business day.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges and estimated delivery date.
* Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Standard Shipping Policies
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.