Standard Quantum GX5500s Fixed Mount VHF - Standard Horizon
- The keypad allows quick access to most often used functions, input of DSC names and position and direct entry of channels.
- The GX5500S meets the international requirements for Class D with a separate Channel 70 receiver, which allows DSC calls to be received even when listening to traffic on Marine VHF channels. The DSC DISTRESS function when activated transmits a digital MAYDAY including vessel identification, Latitude / Longitude and time (with GPS connected), to facilitate prompt response. Additional calls that can be made are Individual, Urgency and Safety.
- Advanced receiver technology rejects the reception of unwanted signals from pagers and other unwanted VHF frequencies.
- This unique feature allows the treble and bass of the speaker audio to be adjusted for best listening. The effect is similar to adjusting the treble and bass controls on a stereo.
- Radio operation and channel selection is made easy (even with gloves) with the oversized volume, squelch and channel selector knobs. The GX5500S has Dual Watch, which scans a selected channel and ch16 simultaneously allowing you to monitor a channel and not miss calls made on ch16. Programmable Scan and Priority Scan features are user programmable.
- The GX5500S includes a 30W Loud Hailer with Fog signals; Bells and Whistles with listen back. For added benefit, the last selected VHF channel is can be heard when in the PA or Fog mode.
- The standard hand microphone has a built in speaker and uses Noise canceling technology called ClearVoice for unsurpassed communications even in the noisiest environments. This microphone also has the capability to directly switch between channels 16 and 9, change channels with the large UP/Down keys and can be removed for storage. The microphone may be remoted with the MEK-4 extension kit for custom installations. The MEK-4 contains 20Ft or routing cable, Stainless Steel panel mount and screws.
- All of the features of the main radio can be accessed through the optional RAM+ speaker microphone (CMP25) or VH-310 telephone style handset (2 connections) With a RAM+ or VH-310 connected, the GX5500S becomes an intercom system allowing two way private communications.
- If the GX5500S fails for any reason (including water damage) during normal use for the first 3 years of ownership, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassles or charges. If it fails for anytime thereafter in normal use, for as long as the original purchaser owns the radio, STANDARD Horizon's Lifetime Flat Rate and Customer Loyalty Service Programs will cover it.
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
- Electronics/Software/Videos are not returnable. Please be careful when ordering to choose the correct product.