Yamaha Marine FX Cruiser SHO - Personal Water Craft Boat Features
New 2014 Yamaha Marine - FX Cruiser SHO - Personal Water Craft
2008 Yamaha Marine FX Cruiser SHO Standard Features
* The FX Cruiser SHO is powered by an all new 1.8 liter, supercharged, super high output Yamaha Marine Engine. This 1812cc engine, which is purpose built for the marine environment, is the largest displacement engine ever installed in a personal watercraft. It is also the only engine in the high-performance, four-stroke category optimized to run on the least expensive Regular Unleaded fuel.
* Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four electronically controlled fuel injectors, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
* Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
* Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
* High Volume Intake Box: With water repellent air filter and flame arrestors.
* Wet Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
* Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
* Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
* Thermostatic Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is automatically controlled through a thermostat sensor.
* Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
* Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
* Direct Ignition: For more efficient combustion.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
* The FX Cruiser SHOs 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system: The three-blade stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The FX pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
* The industrys only Reverse with Traction Control technology: maintains the perfect RPM to provide the optimal speed for effectively maneuvering when the watercraft in reverse
* Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
* Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
* High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
* Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The NanoXcel Hull and Deck:
* The FX SHO features the worlds first hulls and decks manufactured through the use of cutting edge nanotechnology. Yamahas new NanoXcel ultra-lightweight, high strength material reduces the weight of the hull, deck and liner by 25% and provides performance gains in acceleration, top speed and handling. Additionally, the NanoXcel material offers a shinier, gem-like finish which reduces surface tension on the water, providing a more nimble, responsive ride.
* Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
* Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
* Yamahas exclusive Cruise Assist: The industrys first system that allows the driver to set and hold a particular speed while maintaining a comfortable riding position with the throttle. Once the speed is set, the driver can increase or decrease the speed through the simple push of a button. When the throttle is disengaged the system shuts off.:
* Yamahas exclusive No Wake Mode: makes cruising through no-wake zones a breeze. Once engaged, the no-wake mode moves the engines RPMs to an optimal speed, approximately 5 mph, for efficiently navigating through a no-wake zone. Once through, the driver simply applies throttle and the no-wake mode is released.
* Yamaha Cruiser Seat: Yamahas innovative Cruiser seat provides excellent comfort for the passenger and driver.
* Four-step Adjustable Tilt Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering column angle from 55 degrees to 35 degrees.
* Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self-diagnostic function and the industry's only audible warning system.
* Industry's First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamahas innovative remote controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the FX Cruiser SHOs digital security system and all-new Low RPM Mode from up to 30 feet away.
* Foot Chocks: The foot chocks, along with the Cruiser seat and handlebars, create a three-point contact system that reduces tension on the drivers arms and legs.
* Low RPM Mode: Also with the touch a button on the remote transmitter, the top speed of the FX Cruiser SHO is reduced by nearly 30 percent.
* Yamaha Security System: This security system that can be activated with the touch of a button ensures that no one starts the FX Cruiser SHO without your permission.
* 26 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large 19.8-gallon cooler, rear storage tub and glove box.
* Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders: The industry's first self-draining beverage holders.
* Extra Large Boarding Platform with Retractable Reboarding Step: Provides a stable area for reboarding.
* Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
* Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
* Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercrafts conspicuously.
NanoXcel Hull & Deck
The cration of an ultra-lightweight, high-strength material allowed us to shave a quarter of the weight off of our hull and deck -making this WaveRunner exceptionally nimble and responsive.
Supercharged SHO Engine
At 1812cc's, it's 300cc's larger and 45lbs lighter than the nearest competitive engine and quicker from 0-30MPH.
The first of its kind in the industry, Yamaha's Cruise Assist lets you set and hold a specific engine speed, which can easily be raised or lowered with the touch of a button.