Yamaha Marine SX230 High Output - Bowrider Boat Features
New 2010 Yamaha Marine - SX230 High Output - Bowrider
2009 Yamaha Marine SX230 High Output Standard Features
· Multiple Storage Compartments: Ten storage compartments include an enclosed head compartment (boat is not equipped with portable toilet), anchor storage compartment, storage under each seat and carpeted compartments under the starboard and port consoles. The SX230 High Output is also equipped with a full-size ski locker that accommodates skis or wakeboards. Stern storage is perfect for wet items, like ropes and wetsuits.
· 36-quart built-in ice chest: Help keep beverages chilled and sandwiches fresh.
· Innovative Swim Platform: This award-winning stern with Hydro-Turf® mats and backrest cushions can be transformed into a private patio on the water. Included is a mount for the standard dinette table.
· Dinette Table with mounts at cockpit and stern.
· Center Walk-Thru Transom: Easy access to the stern patio area and swim platform from the cabin.
· Telescoping Re-boarding Ladder: For easy boarding while in the water.
· Sport Dashboard Gauges: The SX230 High Output features 4 dual tachometers, 2 fuel level gauge, low-fuel warning light, and depth finder.
· Adjustable Tilt Steering Wheel: Allows the operator to adjust the angle of the steering wheel for added comfort.
· Independent, Dual Engine Controls: Adjusts each throttle position and control forward, neutral and reverse.
· No Wake Mode: Two buttons located at the helm easily engage this feature making idling through low speed zones easier.
· Depth Finder: Digitally monitors water depth from any spot on the water.
· Ample Seating for 10: J-shaped seating with a convertible lounger provides excellent comfort and versatility.
· Marine Grade Carpet Kit: High-grade, removable carpet throughout the cockpit adds to the SX230 High Output comfort and great looks.
· Flip-Up Captains Seats: The fully upholstered, flip-up captain seat provides an elevated view when flipped up.
· Stainless Steel Integrated Drink Holders: Located at all seat locations for easy access for everyone on board.
· Bimini Top: Premium Stainless Steel construction with Sunbrella® material for better durability.
· Satellite-ready JBL® AM/FM/CD Stereo with Remote at Stern: High quality stereo and four speakers guarantee you'll always have the right soundtrack on the water.
· MP3 Player Input
· High-quality Trailer: Every SX230 High Output comes complete with a custom matching painted trailer with swing-away tongue for easy storage.
· The SX230 High Output is powered by two Yamaha High Output MR-1 engines. These 1052cc four cylinder, four-stroke Yamaha marine engines deliver excellent power in a compact package.
· Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Four individually adjustable throttle bodies, throttle position sensor (TPS) and intake air pressure and air temperature sensors supply the optimum air/fuel mixture. The results are a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
· Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver and return lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
· Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping and engine diagnostics.
· Independent Water-jacketed Exhaust Manifolds with Collector: Achieves high power while keeping noise and exhaust heat under control.
· Thermostatic and Pressure Controlled Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is controlled by a thermostat and pressure system and is maintained by a pressure control valve.
· Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are all treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
· Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
· The SX230 High Output twin 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The twin pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
· Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
· Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
· High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook-up.
· Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water passages.
· Jet Pump Clean-out Plugs with Push Button: Allows for direct access to the inlet duct cavity to easily clear any debris from the pumps from inside the boat.
The Hull and Deck
· The SX230 High Output utilizes a deep-V, multi-chine hull with 20-degree dead rise. The hull and deck are constructed of multiple layers of fiberglass with sandwich core construction reinforcements.
· The fiberglass liner, which is separately constructed, represents a revolution in boat design, combining the floor, stringer, and engine mounting system. It is constructed from a custom blended polyester resin with engineered fiberglass laminates and 3/8" 6061-T6 aluminum plate for the engine mounts.
The liner is bonded into the hull with polyurethane adhesive and then injected with foam to provide maximum floatation as well as longitudinal and lateral structural rigidity. The deck is then fastened to the hull with both mechanical fasteners and polyurethane adhesive giving this revolutionary semi-monocoque fiberglass structure unsurpassed strength and rigidity.