Zinc Primers - Moeller
The iBoats Experience
Boats for SaleBrowse thousands of constantly-updated listings and search by location, brand, and boat type See more...
AdviceConnect with our expansive community and tap into the knowledge base of the most dedicated boaters around. See more...
Shop ProductsBrowse and search for hundreds of thousands of boat parts, accessories, and supplies to suit your every need.
The Moeller Zinc Primers cover metal surfaces above and below the waterline to provide first line protection against corrosion and deterioration. This quick drying primer creates a uniform, binding layer on the metal surface for better color coat adhesion.
- Available in three types to suit different metal surfaces.
- For metals surfaces above and below water lines
- Protects boat from corrosion and abrasion
Features of Zinc Phosphate Primer & Zinc Cold Galvanizing Primer
- Corrosive barrier that contains 95% zinc to help achieve maximum resistance against marine solvents & abrasions.
- Creates a strong surface coating that is resistant to corrosion
- Use zinc phosphate on steel and iron surfaces, including welded joints above or below the water line
- Zinc Phosphate is available in Yellow (for lighter paint colors, ie white); and green for darker colors or metallics (ie Mercury Phantom Black, Or Honda Silver Metallic)
- Zinc Cold Galvanizing is for new welds and cold galvanizing
- Zinc Cold Galvanzing is available in green
Follow The Job!
After priming your engine, use Aerosol Engine Paint to apply the correct color (choose from their complete color matched line), and finish with clear coat marine lacquer sealant.
- Anytime you are working with a zinc primer, make sure you use a respirator.
- Make sure you apply to bare aluminum to improve the self etching primer.
- Use Yellow on lighter colors
- Use Green on darker and metallic colors