Spring is the perfect time to get your boat cover ready for the summer boating season. After a long winter, boat covers often are soiled from debris, snow and rain. Here are the steps to follow to get your cover looking brand new!
- Brush off any loose dirt or debris.
- Hose down the boat cover. The water temperature should be cool to lukewarm.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of lukewarm water and a mild soap like Dreft, Woolite, Ivory Snow or hand soap. Never use detergents.
- With a soft bristle brush or sponge, clean the boat cover with the prepared solution using a circular motion to remove any spots or stains.
- Let the cleaning solution set for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the boat cover thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry the boat cover. (If you are storing your boat cover until the Fall, make sure the cover is completely dry before folding and storing.)
- Re-treat the boat cover with a fabric treatment like 303 High Tech Fabric Guard to restore water repellency and protect the cover against stains and mildew.
Remember, proper care and cleaning will help extend the life of your boat cover!