Spectrum Color Supra/Moomba, 2012, Brittany Blue ASH Color Patch Paste Repair Kit - Gel Coat
Part:Mfg F5511005AK, iboats IB00324325
Ships: In 5-7 Business Days
*This item is non-returnable*
Boat Manufacturer: Supra/Moomba
Years Covered: 2012
Color Family: Blue
Color Name: Brittany Blue ASH
Container Size: Patch Paste Repair Kit
Gel Coat Patch Paste Repair
- Patch Paste is the factory gel coat color made into an easy-to-use paste
- Kit includes:
- 2oz gel coat paste
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Add hardener, mix thoroughly, apply to damaged area using a putty knife
- Perfect for cosmetic repairs: small nicks, scratches, drill holes, worn areas
Patch Paste allows an inexperienced person to make professional gel coat repairs. The paste spreads like vaseline, sets in 5-15 minutes, and is ready to sand and buff in an hour.
Spectrum Color uses the latest and most advanced gel coats in the industry for formulating its products. Their products are superior for ease-of-application, cure, sanding and in returning a high-gloss finish when buffed.
Colors are a perfect match to the original, new gel coat color. Based on exposure and time, boats older than 5 years may have a slightly noticeable difference in the gel coat color matches. Patch paste kits cannot be altered to match the "tint" of the weathered gel coat color. Tinting is available with quart and gallon sizes.
- Mix 1/2 of the gel coat paste bottle (1oz) with 10 drops of hardener. This mixing ratio must be kept or the gel coat may not harden.
- Apply to the damaged area in work temperature between 65 and 90 degrees.
- Allow to cure for 1-2 hours
- Wet sand and buff with polishing compound to achieve a glossy finish
Gel coat patch paste kits have a shelf life of 6 months. After 6 months the solvent in the kit evaporates and the paste begins to break down chemically.
When working with gel coat be sure to wear gloves and safety glasses. Typical use may also require acetone to clean the area, an application tool like a putty knife, finishing sand paper and a buffing tool.
Most products and orders placed before 1 PM MST leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.