Velox Plus, Metal Antifouling Paint
Part:Select Size & Color
Ships: In 10 Business Days
Keep Your Propeller Clean and Increase Fuel Economy By Using Velox Plus - Antifouling Paint System for Propellers & Underwater Running Gear
NOT APPROVED FOR APPLICATION IN CALIFORNIA.
Save money and time by extending the time between haul-outs to clean your propeller. Developed specifically to protect propellers, shafts, outdrives, sterndrives, struts, jet pumps and any other metallic parts immersed in the water, this antifouling metal paint / primer system is not degraded by galvanic currents that can lead to paint detachment.
Easy to apply with a brush or by spraying on, Velox Plus is perfect for any size boat from large commercial vessels to small yachts and cruisers.
- Can I use Velox Plus on Stainless Steel?
Velox Plus adheres well to stainless steel. After sanding your stainless steel prop or running gear, immediately apply the Velox Primer to prevent the stainless steel from accumulating choromium oxide.
- Can I use Velox Plus On Aluminum?
Yes although it must be protected with an epoxy coating before the metal primer is applied. If the aluminum is already protected with a factory finish (like on new stern drives) applying an epoxy coating is not required. For epoxy factory finishes, use an abrasive pad (Scotch-Brite) or 200 grit fine sandpaper to lightly sand and remove all gloss or shine before applying Metal Primer.
- How do I know if my propeller is sanded enough for Velox Plus to properly adhere?
Not sanding properly before applying Velox Plus is the biggest cause of product failure. Before applying the primer, you must sand with 80 grit sandpaper - ir is recommended to use a power sander. See instruction sheet for complete details but you should be able to feel the abraded surface when you run your fingernail across the surface.
- Can I recoat Velox Plus over old Velox Plus?
Yes - simply clean and use a fine sandpaper or abrasive pad to lightly sand the surface, then apply Velox Plus up to two times over the previous season of Velox Plus. It is recommended to remove all antifouling paint at least every three years. Do NOT apply Velox Plus or any other metal primer on any other antifouling paint.
- How Much Velox Plus is needed for application?
Many variables will factor into the coverage (including brush, thickness of coats, weather, elevation, etc.) but below are coverage estimates based on application.
- Normal coverage is about 86 square feet per liter
- Flat surfaces, trim tab and rudder coverage is about 107 sq feet per liter
- Prop and stern drive coverage is about 53 feet per liter
- One 16 four blade prop will use approximately .125 liter for each coat
- One 30 four blade prop will use approximately .25 liter for each coat
- One 40 four blade prop will use approximately .50 liter for each coat
Most products and orders placed before 1 PM MST leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.