Returns, Cancelations, Shipping Policies/Terms & Conditions
Universal Return Policies
- Qualifying items must be returned within the first 30 days after shipment.
- There is no refund of shipping charges on returned items unless the return is the result of an error by iBoats or its partners.
- Return shipping labels are typically provided by iBoats if the return is the result of an error by iBoats or its partners.
- Please note: Incorrect information obtained or provided by https://forums.iboats.com does not constitute an error on the part of iBoats or its partners.
- All purchased products including packaging must be in like new re-sellable condition and returned for inspection before credit is issued.
- iBoats is not responsible for packages lost or damaged during return shipment.
- Returned items without a Return Authorization Number (RA#) will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender. You must contact our customer service team to receive an authorization number.
- To ensure an item is returnable, pictures of both the item and packaging may be required. If pictures or other requested information is not provided or refused it may prevent the ability of the item(s) to be returned and/or the extend return/refund time frame.
- The return process including refunds may take up to 30 business days to complete.
How to Start a Return
If your item is eligible for a return, we are here to help. The following information will show you how the return process works from start to finish.
- To start a return please message us using our Contact us page. Within that page fill out all applicable information and select "Start a Return" under the subject.
- Once your information is submitted we will automatically send a return form to your email.
- Please fill out the form with as much detail as possible.
- After, please reply to our email address email@example.com with the completed form.
- Once the form is received we will work to reply with all the needed return instructions to send your product(s) back.
- Follow all of the provided return instructions and finally drop your package off at the nearest UPS location.
What Happens Next?
Once the package is on its way back to iboats we will finish the process. The package will need to be inspected once it is received which can take some time, so please allow up to 30 business days for the entire return and refund process to be completed. We will notify you of any issues or updates about your return as it nears completion.What Can You Do While Waiting?
The return process cannot be expedited. If you choose, you can place a new order for replacement parts and if the return is accepted, we will issue a refund for the original order.
These items are non-returnable unless an error was made by iBoats or its partners. Should there be such an error, iBoats must be contacted within 30 days of the purchase date.
- Custom Boat Covers (click here for additional details)
- Gel Coat (click here for additional details)
- Mat Kits (click here for additional details)
- Inflatable Boats
- Suite Marine Boat Seats
- Spradling Marine Vinyl
- Outboard Motors/Components
- Canopy Covers
- Special Order Items
- Blowout Seats
- Odd Lots / Liquidations / Specials (click here for additional details)
- Model Fish/Model Ships
Items with Restock Fees
These items follow our Universal Return Policy except for a restocking fee which can range from 15-25%.
- Wise Seats
- Bimini Tops
- Semi-Custom Covers
- OEM Engine Parts
- Items Shipping Freight & Oversized Items
- CMC Products
- Airhead Products
- Skeggard Products
- Whitecap Products
Custom Boat Covers
Custom-made boat covers are non-returnable unless an error was made by iboats.com or by the manufacturer. If an error was made by iboats.com or the manufacturer, the product must be in re-sellable condition otherwise the return will be denied.
Before ordering a custom cover, please verify your wakeboard tower or accessories are listed on the custom cover product page. Ensure your boat does not have a non-OEM/aftermarket wakeboard tower or other accessory that differs from what’s listed as these accessories will prevent proper fitment. IBoats is not responsible and does not offer refunds for custom covers ordered for watercraft containing accessories not listed on that product’s product page.
Spectrum Gel Coat
Spectrum Gel Coat is non-returnable
- Spectrum Color is not responsible for verifying color, so please check the color(s) carefully.
- Though Spectrum Color guarantees color to match the factory original color standard, it is very likely the color will not match your specific boat due to environmental elements and mixing variables. Color may need adjustment to match. Neither Spectrum Color nor iBoats is responsible for making these adjustments to factory colors.
Hydro-Turf Custom Products
Custom-made Hydro-Turf products are non-returnable unless an error was made by iboats.com or by the manufacturer. If an error was made by iboats.com or Hydro-Turf, the product must be in re-sellable condition otherwise the return will be denied.
Odd Lots / Liquidations / Specials
iBoats.com does not accept any returns on Odd Lots/Liquidations/Specials items unless the merchandise you received was defective, damaged or an error was made by iBoats or its partners. In such cases iBoats must be contacted within 30 days of the purchase date.
The propeller return policy is designed to ensure that any propeller returned can be sold again as new. All propellers must be in new re-sellable condition and returned for inspection before credit is issued. Propellers may be returned within 30 days if they meet the inspection qualifications listed below. Points of inspection and reasons iBoats would not accept a propeller return include but are not limited to:
- Any signs of use or installation such as dings, marks, chips or scratches to the paint. This includes damage that might have occurred in return shipping if not properly packaged.
- Any signs of repair or modification by the customer will void the return.
- Smell of exhaust or other signs that it has been installed or used.
- The propeller has been in the water.
- Damage such as impression marks and/or any grease on the prop, hub, or housing.
- Broken seals or other damage to the product packaging.
Note: To ensure an item is returnable, pictures of both the item and packaging may be required. If pictures or other requested information is not provided or refused it may prevent the ability of the item(s) to be returned and/or the extend return/refund time frame. If the box is damaged due to opening, some propellers may still be returnable. They must meet the previously listed and additional qualifications. Contact Customer Service to see if your propeller qualifies. If the propeller passes inspection, iboats will credit the propeller’s purchase price minus any applicable fees.
It is the customer's responsibility to provide accurate propeller information including but not limited to:
- Engine information including year, HP, spline count etc…
Propellers are purchased at the risk of the consumer. Iboats does not make recommendations regarding propeller performance but rather offers a variety of propellers that fit the customer’s engine shaft based on the provided information. IBoats is not liable for any damage to a watercraft that may occur due to the installation or use of a purchased propeller.
Returns for Candaian Customers
Iboats does not accept any return merchandise on Canadian orders unless the return is the result of an error by iBoats or its partners. In such cases, the Universal Return Policies apply.
Shoretex custom boat covers can be returned within 30 days with a 20% restocking fee. If an error was made by IBoats or the manufacturer, covers can be sent back for modification and or panel replacements by Shoretex.
What is a manufacturer’s defect? A manufacturing defect means the manufacturer made an error either in the design or the fabrication of a product that causes it to not work as intended. In cases of a manufacturer's defect, the General Warranty policy is applicable.
- Contact us for warranty questions within the first 30 days of purchase
- After 30 days of your purchase, the manufacturer of the product(s) will need to be contacted for a warranty claim.
- If you need warranty assistance, please submit a request through the Contact Us form
- If our customer service team is able to start a warranty claim you will need to send the product back to our warehouse.
What Happens After The Product is Sent Back?
Once the product arrives at our warehouse it will then need to be forwarded to the manufacturer. From there it is up to the manufacturer's discretion on how long the process will take and if the warranty claim will be approved or denied. Keep in mind that this process can take up to 90 days. We will notify you of any issues or updates in regards to your claim as it nears completion.
What Can You Do While Waiting?
The warranty claim process cannot be expedited. If you choose, you can place a new order for replacement parts and if the claim is accepted, we will issue a refund for the original order.
Volvo Penta parts carry a (1) year manufacturer’s warranty. Should the part you received fail after install, take a copy of the receipt to an authorized Volvo Penta dealer for a warranty evaluation. If determined that the part failed due to a defect the Volvo dealer will supply a replacement part to the consumer. If needed the Volvo dealer could assist in installation of the new part at his normal labor rate. If you need assistance finding the closest dealer number, please contact our Customer Service Department.
For Solas Propeller purchases, Solas states that all warranty claims must be shipped back to the distributor and will be inspected by Solas in Tampa FL. Solas will not pay for any shipping in a warranty claim. Solas will only cover the propeller due to manufactures defect for a period of 1 year.